Lesson #2: Publishing Your App
Ready to publish the Android and/or PWA versions of your app?
Publishing the PWA version of your app:
The Progressive Web App is the simplest version to publish. The main requirement is that you’ll need to set up your custom domain. Aside from that step, there is no extra cost involved. Just visit the publishing menu and choose:
Publication > PWA
Then follow the instructions.
Publishing the Android version of your app:
- You’ll need a Google Play Developer Account. The cost is $25 one-time.
For detailed help with Android publishing, view the support documentation in the app builder by visiting the support section and searching:
Create a Google Play publisher account
There are no developer requirements for the Progressive Web App (PWA).
Publishing the iOS version of your app:
NOTE: Before publishing the Apple version of your app, please keep the following important factors in mind:
- The publishing process takes significantly more time than the PWA and Android versions…up to a few weeks or more to complete.
- Apple has more strict requirements which may cause delays and require changes to your mobile app.
- The cost is significantly higher (review fees and recurring developer fees), and these costs are non-refundable.
Due to the added challenges of publishing an iOS app, we strongly suggest that you focus your initial efforts on the PWA version. However, you may begin the iOS publishing process whenever you’re ready.
iOS Publishing Requirements:
- You’ll need an Apple Developer Account (https://developer.apple.com/programs/). The cost is $99/year.
- In addition to the Apple dev fee, the app builder requires a one-time, $99 review fee.
- To begin the process and pay the review fee, please contact App for Authors support and let us know you’re ready to publish your iOS app.
For detailed help with iOS publishing, view the support documentation in the app builder by visiting the support section and searching: